WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GET YOUR PUPPY TO STOP BITING YOU? FIRST YOU HAVE TO LEARN WHAT IS THE REASON IT BYTES WHAT IS THE UNDERLYING CAUSE. READ BELOW
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FROM OUR FREE "HOW TO STOP BITING" REPORT
- TEETHING: This is the main reason why puppies bite. The teething period is a state when puppies are cutting new teeth. This is mostly between the age of 4 to 6 months and the maximum age is 10 months.
- LACK OF SOCIALIZATION: It is very important to socialize your puppy if you want to have happy dog. Lack of socialization of your puppy between the age of 3 wks to 3mths with your environment, your children, other people and other dogs can also lead to growling which can lead to biting.
- DOMINANCE AND AUTHORITY: Dogs will bite to establish leadership and order within their rank. They’re being assertive by using their teeth to determine who is the strongest, and will to power are genetic behavior traits which are peculiar to all canine groups. This dominance behavior being demonstrated by dogs is as a result of survival instinct.
- PHYSICAL PAIN: Depending on the degree of pain, a dog will bite a beloved owner, member of the family or neighbors when suffering from physical problems like chemical imbalances in the brain, external infections like otitis, tumor, hip dysphasia among others.
- LACK OF GOOD POSITIVE TRAINING: Some dog owners employ forceful, fear inducing and painful training methods. Your dog will perceive this as threatening their life and result to aggressive acts in order to protect herself. Others will bite out of fun and when they are over excited. Both cases are mostly as a result of lack of positive training. So if you don’t properly socialize your dog with people or other dogs, expect bites any time.